On Thursday, October 13, 2022, the Climate Action Council (CAC) convened a hybrid meeting in Albany, New York City, and virtually to receive updates from the sub-committees driving the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act). This included presentations by the Empire State Development Group sharing Industry Feedback, Health Group, and Transportation Committee. Key topics discussed were:
· Extending Carbon Intensity Reductions Timeline to 2050
· Ensure Policies reduce both GHG and Co-Pollutant Emissions
· Adding Language to Measure and Track Investments, Benefits and Outcomes
· Emphasize Reliable Electric Grid for Public Health
· Revising the NYS Advanced Building Codes, Appliance and Equipment Efficiency Standards Act of 2022 and NYC Local Law 154 likely out to 2035
· Enhancing Procurement, Compliance Mechanisms, GHG Benchmarks, and Carbon Pricing Strategies
Approximately 41 CAC members were in attendance. The CAC staff presentation is available here and the meeting agenda is available here. The video of the event is available here.
The Clean Energy Jobs Coalition live tweeted during the meeting, capturing key comments and observations by panelists and participants.